Regenerative Agriculture: The guts governing our food, health and future. Why healthy people, need healthy food from healthy soils.
Guest speakers for this forum include:
- Dr Charles Massy -BSc (Zoology, Human Ecology) PhD in Human Ecology. Author Call of the Reed Warbler.
- Professor Amanda Devine – Professor of Public Health & Nutrition in the School of Medical and Health Sciences, Edith Cowan University
- Dr Barbara Cook – UWA Director Centre for Excellence Natural Resource Management
- Walter Jehne – Director Healthy Soils Australia. Internationally recognised climate scientist, soil microbiologist and innovation strategist
- Dianne Haggerty – Bio-Integrity Growers Australia and the Prospect Pastoral Company
- Major General John Hartley OA (Retd)- Future Directions International
- Kelvin Flugee – Noongar Land Enterprise
- Ronnie Duncan – Meerkats
- Phil Lee – Healthy Soils Australia
This interactive forum will:
- build stakeholder awareness
- of how important the gut and soil microbiome is to human health and planetary health
- about regenerative agriculture and the associated positive health, social and environmental outcomes
- stimulate the conversation for industry development & market segregation
- to showcase a farming system that comprises a new and highly innovative agro-ecological approach to modern farming Importantly, it is applicable to broadacre agriculture and, therefore, well positioned to capture premium markets while delivering enormous health, social and environmental benefits.
The Morning Session will be setting the scene at global, regional and local levels.
The Afternoon session will be exploring cases studies and action driven.
What can we do? How do we restore the landscape? How do we create enabling environments?